Join or Renew Your 2022 Membership Today
Renew Your Membership
Your CSEM membership expires January 15, 2022. Don't miss out on important updates and stay connected with your colleagues. Renew online now.
Not only do CSEM members get discounts at the Diabetes Canada/CSEM Professional Conference and other meetings, your membership also allows you to:
- contribute and collaborate with a network of endocrinologists across Canada;
- build your career potential through a united community;
- vote and take part in CSEM committees and leadership roles;
- stay connected and informed about the latest in endocrinology and metabolism, educational opportunities and events.
CSEM values your membership. It is only through a strong and engaged member base that we can effectively advocate for excellence in endocrinology research, education, and patient care, and advance the discipline of endocrinology and metabolism in Canada.
CSEM welcomes new members! To apply to join the CSEM for the first time, simply go to the CSEM Membership Portal, click on “Become a Member or Associate of the CSEM” and follow the instructions.
Categories of Membership
Active Members are certified endocrinologists holding a certificate in endocrinology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada, the Professional Corporation of Physicians of Quebec or another comparable body, or individuals who have an active engagement in clinical or basic research in endocrinology and metabolism or allied sciences. If you are a certified endocrinologist holding a certificate in Endocrinology from the RCPSC, The Professional Corporation of Physicians of Quebec or another comparable body, you are automatically eligible for membership. Emeritus Members are Members who have retired from the practice of medicine or from research or engagement in the field of endocrinology and metabolism.
Corresponding Associates are qualified physicians or scientists residing outside of Canada. Application requirements for Corresponding Associates include:
- Evidence of interest or involvement in the field of endocrinology and metabolism.
- Provide resumé with relevant publications from last five years or other documents.
- Indicate the name of two CSEM Members who could be called upon as references if there is need to further document your interest in endocrinology.
Resident or Research Associates are residents or research fellows in a Canadian training program in the field of endocrinology and metabolism.
Students of CSEM are medical, bachelor or postgraduate students as well as residents in a program other than endocrinology and metabolism who have an interest in research or practice in endocrinology and metabolism. It is free to become a Student of CSEM, however, in order to maintain membership you are required to update your status with the CSEM on an annual basis. Students of CSEM are those individuals who have an interest in endocrine or metabolism sciences and who are currently engaged in a formal Canadian medical or research training program such as:
- Medical Student;
- Resident in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics;
- Resident in a program other than Endocrinology and Metabolism;
- Undergraduate Student; or
- Graduate Student, who has an interest in endocrine or metabolism sciences.
Stay connected and current with a CSEM Membership!
All CSEM Members and Associates will:
- Receive the CSEM’s monthly e-Newsletter;
- Have access to live and online accredited continuing professional development programs;
- Stay current with CSEM information about upcoming events, jobs, awards, grants and resources; and
- Receive a discount to attend the CSEM/Diabetes Canada Professional Conference and Annual Meetings.
- Click here to learn more!
Annual Membership Dues
Membership fees for Active Members and Corresponding Associates are due annually. The membership year runs from January 15 to January 15. You will receive your renewal notice with invoice in December. Membership dues are subject to change.
|CSEM Active Members||$100.00 (plus applicable taxes based on residence)|
|CSEM Corresponding Associates||$150.00 (plus applicable taxes based on residence)|
|CSEM Emeritus Members||No fees|
|CSEM Resident or Research Associates||No fees|
|Students of CSEM||No fees|