Dr. Fernand Labrie Fellowship Research Grant
This grant will be awarded to a 3rd- or 4th-year MD research fellow who is pursuing additional research training in the field of Endocrinology and Metabolism. This is a one-time scholarship award for one fellow in the maximum amount of $30,000. It must be noted: this award is intended as a salary award and can be combined with other sources to constitute a salary.
- must be a 3rd- or 4th-year MD research fellow in Endocrinology & Metabolism who has completed two years of a Royal College–recognized Pediatric or Adult Endocrinology and Metabolism training program
- member of CSEM in good standing (dues paid by April 30, 2019)
- must be pursuing additional research training in the field of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- the research project must be done in an accredited Canadian institution (all Canadian institutes/hospitals with University-accredited programs are eligible)
- priority will be given to Canadians or landed immigrants
Application procedure:Complete the online application form and submit supporting documents:
- letter of intention from fellow, including career plans
- CVs of fellow AND supervisor (complete CV or CIHR-type CV)
- one-page summary of proposed research project
- letter of recommendation by someone other than the direct supervisor (previous research mentor or training director)
Deadline: July 15, 2019. No late applications will be considered.
Notification of winner: The winner will be informed in August 2019. It is hoped that the winner or his/her supervisor will attend the 2019 CSEM Meeting in Winnipeg in order to accept the award in person.
- Brief summary of the project that was/is performed and location of the fellowship
- Outcome of the project: Completion? Meaningful results? Publications and communications related to project?
- All scientific publications and communications during the period of the fellowship (one or 2 years), related or not to project.
Past recipients of the Dr. Fernand Labrie Fellowship Research Grant:
- 2019: Jamie Laura Benham (Univeristy of Calgary, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2018: Calvin Ke (University of Toronto, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2017: Amanda Brahm Berberich (University of Western Ontario, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2016: Despoina Manousaki (McGill University, Pediatric Endocrinology) and Alanna Weisman (University of Toronto, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2015: Julie Lovshin (University of Toronto, Adult Endocrinology) and Steven Orlov (McMaster University, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2014: Monika Pawlowska (University of British Columbia, Adult Endocrinology) and Cynthia Luk (University of Toronto, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2013: Brenden Hursh (University of British Columbia, Pediatric Endocrinology) and Emilie D'Aoust (Université de Montréal, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2012: Munier Nour (University of Calgary, Pediatric Endocrinology) and Jessica MacKenzie-Feder (University of British Columbia, Adult Endocrinology)