Recall: Cetrorelix Acetate
Certain vials of fertility drug Cetrotide® potentially contaminated
Product Recalled: Cetrotide - DIN 02247766, Strength 0.25 mg, Lot 8J025C, Expiry 09/2020
Health Canada has advised CSEM that EMD Serono has recalled certain vials of Cetrorelix Acetate (Cetrotide® 0.25 mg). Some vials may have missing stoppers which could make the product unsterile.
Cetrotide, a GnRH antagonist, is indicated for prevention of premature ovulation in the setting of fertility treatment.
Actions - If you prescribe Cetrotide:
- Advise patients to check their product and to refrain from taking it if recalled.
- Ask patients to check the lot number (see link to Health Canada above) on the product or consult their pharmacist.
- If their product is recalled, they should obtain replacement product.
- Any patients experiencing adverse reactions should report these to Health Canada.
- Direct questions about the recall to EMD Serono 1-800-387-8479.