When, Why, and How to Initiate and Intensify Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
1200 – 1300 h EDT | 0900 – 1000 h PDT
Join us for the third webinar in the Diabetes Management series. With insulin initiation being a major area for clinical inertia, this webinar will focus on challenges and barriers to insulin initiation and provide guidance on when insulin should be considered and the regimens to use for patients. This will review key considerations for these patients from a holistic approach to diabetes management.
- Dr. David Strain, MBChB, MD, FRCP (Moderator)
- Dr. Roopa Mehta, MBBS, MRCP
- Dipesh Patel, BSc, MBBS PhD, MRCP
- Rene Wong, MD, FRCPC, MEd
For MORE INFORMATION and REGISTRATION, click here.
- Review the role of insulin in the management of type 2 diabetes
- Determine which patients are candidate for the use of basal insulin
- Mitigate patient and clinician barriers to using insulin in type 2 diabetes
- Prescribe and intensify an insulin regimen for patients with type 2 diabetes
This program has been supported by an independent educational grant provided by Novo Nordisk A/S.
The Diabetes Management series has been developed in collaboration with the following partners: