Dr. Fernand Labrie Fellowship Research Grant
This grant will be awarded to a 3rd- or 4th-year MD research fellow who is pursuing additional research training in the field of Endocrinology and Metabolism. This is a one-time scholarship award for one fellow in the maximum amount of $30,000. It must be noted: this award is intended as a salary award and can be combined with other sources to constitute a salary.
- 2016: Despoina Manousaki (McGill University, Pediatric Endocrinology) and Alanna Weisman (University of Toronto, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2015: Julie Lovshin (University of Toronto, Adult Endocrinology) and Steven Orlov (McMaster University, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2014: Monika Pawlowska (University of British Columbia, Adult Endocrinology) and Cynthia Luk (University of Toronto, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2013: Brenden Hursh (University of British Columbia, Pediatric Endocrinology) and Emilie D'Aoust (Université de Montréal, Adult Endocrinology)
- 2012: Munier Nour (University of Calgary, Pediatric Endocrinology) and Jessica MacKenzie-Feder (University of British Columbia, Adult Endocrinology)
- must be a 3rd- or 4th-year MD research fellow in Endocrinology & Metabolism who has completed two years of a Royal College–recognized Pediatric or Adult Endocrinology and Metabolism training program
- member of CSEM in good standing (dues paid by April 30, 2017)
- must be pursuing additional research training in the field of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- the research project must be done in an accredited Canadian institution (all Canadian institutes/hospitals with University-accredited programs are eligible
- priority will be given to Canadians or landed immigrants
Application procedure: Send the following to the CSEM office (address below):
- letter of intention from fellow, including career plans
- CVs of fellow AND supervisor (complete CV or CIHR-type CV)
- one-page summary of proposed research project
- letter of recommendation by someone other than the direct supervisor (previous research mentor or training director)
Deadline: July 15, 2017. No late applications will be considered.
Notification of winner: The winner will be informed in August 2017. It is hoped that the winner or his/her supervisor will attend the 2017 CSEM Meeting in Edmonton in order to accept the award in person.
Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
222 Queen Street, Suite 1100
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5V9 Canada